|By Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa, MD, FAANS, FACS, Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa, William J. and Charles H. Mayo Professor, Chair of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
"One can only imagine the prodigious amount of work involved in producing this educational treasure chest. Credit is due to the authors and to the publishers for creating this appealing and useful Atlas."
Reviewed by: Edward R. Laws, Professor of Neurosurgery, Harvard Medical School, Oct 2015
"Useful, complete and visual are the words which best summarize the aim of this masterpiece. Really great job! Congratulations for this excellent Video-Book!!"
Reviewed by: Dr. J. Gonzalez, Director of the Residency Program Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Oct 2015
- Step-by-step, state-of-the-art videos - 40 in total - are accessible through Expert Consult and narrated by Dr. Quiñones-Hinojosa.
- Each video is around 10 minutes with a total running time of over 6 hours
- Videos highlight key surgical anatomy, focusing special attention on the relationship between lesions and important landmarks.
- Procedures are broken down step-by-step for easy overview and comprehension.
- Covers advanced techniques such as: intraoperative brain mapping; intraoperative assessment of resection through iMRI; fluorescence imaging; brain stem mapping techniques; combined open-and-endoscopic approaches, cortical-subcortical stimulation in awake surgery; and more.
- Dedicated neurosurgical artwork by Devon Stuart includes superb figures that depict the surgical neuroanatomy and approaches in a step-wise fashion.
- Chapters are presented from the less complex, more common surgeries to the most complex and cutting-edge procedures that may require multidisciplinary approaches.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to access all of the text, figures, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.