Kumar and Clark's Clinical Medicine
The ninth edition of this best-selling textbook of clinical medicine builds even further on its formidable, prize-winning formula of excellence, comprehensiveness and accessibility.
‘This book is stunning in its breadth and ease-of-use. It still remains the "gold standard", thorough guide to clinical medicine its forefathers were.’ BMA Medical Book Awards judges.
New to this edition:
- 2 new chapters: Global Health and Women’s Health.
- 25 new authors.
- New online editor, Adam Feather, with a team of young doctors to augment the e-book which accompanies the print book with clinical tips, key learning points, drug tips, learning challenges, case studies and MCQs.
- Full text redesign to incorporate:
New system overview diagrams for clinical chapters.
New coloured headings to help identify content relating to disease, management, investigations etc.
New icons to aid text navigation.
11 new members and a new co-editor, Senaka Rajapakse, of the International Advisory Board.
Edited by Kumar and Clark, clinicians and educators of world-renowned expertise.
Authors comprise consultants at the top of their fields, paired with younger doctors closer to the exam experience, to ensure authority and relevance.
Enhanced e-book accompanies the print book, for ease of transportation and use on the move.
International Advisory Board, led by Professor Janaka de Silva and Professor Senaka Rajapakse, providing guidance for global coverage from across the world.
Contributions to the e-book by members of the International Advisory Board to amplify areas of clinical importance in their parts of the world
Section 1 Good medical practice
1. Ethics, law and communication
Deborah Bowman, Annie Cushing
2. Clinical pharmacology
Michael Rawlins, Munir Pirmohamed
3. Palliative medicine and symptom control
Miriam J Johnson, Gail E Eva, Sara Booth
4. Global health
Babulal Sethia, Parveen Kumar
5. Environmental medicine
Michael L Clark
Allister Vale, Sally Bradberry
Section 2 Clinical sciences
7. Molecular cell biology and human genetics
David P Kelsell, Kenneth J Linton
8. The immune system and disease
Mark Peakman, Matthew Buckland
9. Water, electrolytes and acid-base balance
M Magdi Yaqoob, Kieran McCafferty
Marinos Elia, Susan Lanham-New
Section 3 Clinical practice
11. Infectious disease
Gavin Barlow, William L Irving, Peter J Moss
12. Sexually transmitted infections and HIV
Janet Wilson, Jane Anderson
13. Gastrointestinal disease
James Lindsay, Louise Langmead, Sean L Preston
14. Liver disease
Graham Foster, Alastair O’Brien
15. Biliary tract and pancreatic disease
David Westaby, Christopher Wadsworth
16. Haematological disease
Michael F Murphy, K John Pasi, Adam Mead
17. Malignant disease
Christopher J Gallagher, Matthew Smith, Jonathan Shamash
18. Rheumatic disease
Anisur Rahman, Ian Giles
19. Bone disease
Donncha O’Gradaigh, Richard Conway
20. Kidney and urinary tract disease
M Magdi Yaqoob, Neil Ashman
21. Neurological disease
22. Psychological medicine
Julius Bourke, Peter D White
23. Cardiovascular disease
Nicholas H Bunce, Robin Ray
24. Respiratory disease
Anthony J Frew, Sarah R Doffman, Katharine Hurt, Rachel Buxton-Thomas
25. Critical care medicine
Charles J Hinds, Rupert M Pearse, Michael O’Dwyer
26. Endocrine disease
Miles J Levy, Helena Gleeson
27. Diabetes mellitus
Edwin AM Gale, John V Anderson
28. Lipid and metabolic disorders
John V Anderson
29. Women’s health
Catherine Nelson-Piercy, Lesley Regan
30. Ear, nose and throat and eye disease
Francis Vaz, Nishchay Mehta, Robin D Hamilton
31. Skin disease
David G Paige, Sarah Wakelin
Professor of Medicine & Education, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary, University of London, and Honorary Consultant Physician; Gastroenterologist, Barts and The London Hospitals NHS Trust and Homerton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Honorary Senior Lecturer, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary, University of London and Consultant Physician, Princess Grace Hospital, London, UK
- 688,50 lei765,00 lei (-10%)
- 876,95 lei923,10 lei (-5%)
- 329,46 lei346,80 lei (-5%)
- 307,53 lei341,70 lei (-10%)
- 238,68 lei265,20 lei (-10%)
- 218,03 lei229,50 lei (-5%)